Pictured right is 47 East Main Street. It was the residence of Samuel P. and Amelia F. Boyer and their son Samuel P. Boyer from the early 1880's until 1905. Mr. Boyer was a oil producer. In 1905, 47 East Main Street became The City Club. It was a gentleman's club with members from all professions with a large number involved in the oil industry. Business transactions, card games, and even bowling matches on full size lanes could all be found within The City Club.
In 1932, Arnold Funeral Home, formerly on Diamond Street, moved to 47 East Main Street which was to become 203 East Main Street. The Arnold family conducted business at this location for over 44 years. The Arnold-Gosnell Funeral Home was in business from January 1976 to November 1977. The Leo N. Hennes Funeral Home has been in business since November 1, 1977.
|Website Design ©2013 Expressions Tributes Inc.|